Advantage Speech Therapy Services | Health & Beauty
- As the owner of ASTS, Inc., I graduated from the College of Wooster in 1995 with an undergraduate degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders and a minor in Psychology. I then worked for 3 years in the Manatee County School District in Florida after which I graduated from Valdosta State University with a Masters in Education in May 2000. During my three years in Gwinnett County, post graduate, I earned my Certificate of Clinical Competence while also simultaneously working for other private therapy companies on the side. ASTS was founded in 2002.
- I am an ASHA member and am both nationally and state certified with continuing post graduate education courses to continue to develop my knowledge in the field. I have experience in, but am not limited to, Articulation/Phonological disorders, Developmental Delays, Autism/PDD, and Down Syndrome. I also am a provider for Advanced Brain Technologies for The Listening Program and Speech Buddies for Articulation remediation.
- ASTS provides 1-to-1 therapy in your home or child's daycare. A team approach is encouraged if other therapists also work with your child because we truly want what is best for your child. Our mission is to provide a warm and loving environment where children love to play and play to learn and where parents and caregivers learn strategies to carryover skills and enhance therapeutic progress.
- When kids are seen at daycare locations and parents are not present for sessions, they receive an email of the daily treatment note so that they are aware of what was accomplished during the session and know what to work on for HW. Videos and/or pictures may be sent as well to help with understanding how to target a specific goal. I am always available by phone, email or text to follow up on any questions or concerns.
- The ipad is a therapy tool that is implemented in the sessions as I have a list of recommended applications that address specific needs that help kids learn while having fun!!
- To learn more about what I can do for your family, call me today....404-784-1252!
I am in network for Blue Cross Blue Shield but accept any out of network primary insurance as well. I accept Medicaid & PeachCare (Deeming Waiver included) as well as the CMOs: Wellcare, Peach State, and Amerigroup.